Support Engineer & Application Specialist @ Luminex Belgium (Genk)
RTFM – Read The Friendly Manual!
Did you try to turn it off and on again?
Formula 1 | Powered by Luminex
You will be our living @ breathing Wikipedia to support and assist our partners and customers, our very own oracle of knowledge. As time goes by, you will become a master of the (AVL) “universe”.
Do you have experience in pro lighting and audio and like to stay in touch with many brands and applications in our industry? This job is the ideal for you as you will make sure all is working smoothly together as one ecosytem in the field.
- You will grow in the role of technical expert with a thorough knowledge of our Luminex devices.
- You will expand your knowledge in network technology related to the pro AV industry and build a vast application know-how.
- You will manage the support questions of our customers and handle these within an international team.
- You will manage support email, support phone requests and other channels together with the support team.
- MS Office is one of your usual tools.
- You will report problems to the development team to improve the quality of our products.
- You will validate and advise network setups for upcoming projects in the field as a technical sales support.
- You will contribute to the fast growth of our company with a healthy dose of ambition and your quick learning skills.
- You will work from the Luminex headquarters in Genk, Belgium and can be occasionally requested to go out for on-site support.
- You will potentially assist sales with your technical background on fairs.
- You are an accurate and meticulous worker with a problem-solving attitude and a troubleshooting mindset
- You can work independently but are also a perfect team player.
- You are capable of working with a PC and the most common Office software.
- You have experience in interpreting schematic drawings and customer requirements.
- You have excellent communication skills and can easily adapt to the level of the customer and their culture.
- You have excellent spoken and written English communication skills (Dutch is a plus).
- Having field experience in the Pro AVL world is a big plus.
We offer you a challenging role in a fast-growing Belgian company with a well-known reputation in the worldwide entertainment industry. You will become part of an agile team of developers and engineers, creating the most sophisticated technology for the AV industry. With an intensive training program, we also encourage you to continue to grow in your career and develop your talents. This role comes with a permanent employment contract, a competitive salary, a comprehensive extralegal package and a bunch of fun colleagues.
Sound interesting, but Lumi-who?
Luminex Network Intelligence is a manufacturer of data distribution equipment for lighting, audio and video solutions in the professional entertainment industry. We develop multiple devices to set up a large AV network without any IT knowledge. As a pioneer in the relatively young application of show-control data networks, we managed to become a respected brand in the international AV industry over the past 15 years. Our devices are being used to build the backbone for a rock solid and fully redundant network on big shows such as the Eurovision Song Contest in Copenhagen, the opening ceremony of the Sotsji Winter Games, Glastonbury festival, multiple concerts at Madison Square Garden and world tours of multiple super stars like Robbie Williams, Muse, Coldplay, Adele and Beyoncé.