The GigaCore 18t is a 10 Gigabit Ethernet switch for
Professional touring applications.
10Gb Network switch for converged AV networks
The GigaCore 18t is a 10 Gigabit Ethernet switch for professional touring applications in lighting, audio and video with a frequent tear-down & built-up requirement or for any other application where ruggedized connectivity is necessary.
It is designed to support the most advanced AV protocols out of the box and is the backbone for a converged network, allowing multiple applications to co-exist on the same network.
10Gb connectivity allows full network convergence of lighting control, audio, intercom, and video.
PoE++ implementation on every copper port allows you to connect any PoE device available today.
Today’s PoE standards (802.3af, 802.3at and 802.3bt) are all met.
GigaCore 18t can directly drive almost any IP PTZ camera, network node or PoE powered loudspeaker on the market.
AV validated for real applications
GigaCore switches are fully validated in real-world applications with major brands in the AV industry for different protocols, including NDI™, Dante™, AVB/MILAN, AES67, ST-2110, IPMX, MA-Net, and many more.
We don’t just approve against a protocol but actually test it. Because of real world application validation and interoperability testing, we understand the applications and make sure you can deploy our product with confidence.
Luminex support team really speaks your language and has a vast amount of AV knowledge built up, not just from talking protocols but mainly from working with you and living through your real application network challenges.
Robust yet silent design
A robust yet silent design allows you to use GigaCore in any AV environment.
Fans are speed controlled to have minimal noise impact and guarantee a long-life operation.
This allows you to place the GigaCore in the most quiet environments like theaters and studio’s.
Araneo to manage and monitor the complete system
All GigaCore switches can be managed with a single network-wide tool: Araneo
Araneo’s online mode shows everything you need to know about the status of your GigaCore network. Data streams and topology are visualized as are the port status of every GigaCore.
Monitor your network with confidence and act before the show gets interrupted!
In offline mode, Araneo lets you plan the complete network topology and GigaCore settings in advance. Reducing network commissioning time to a mere click of a button.
Intuitive web UI
The built-in web UI allows you to adjust the settings in an intuitive way. Assigning Groups (VLANS) to ports, creating trunks or adjusting other port- and PoE settings can be done on the fly and the status page gives you an overview of the complete switch at a glance. The toolbox page allows management of profiles and lets you upgrade firmware easily.
Consistency in LED colours
Consistent Group (VLAN) colours in the web UI, in Araneo and on the front panel LED’s.
Specifications 18t – 10Gb
- Most suitable applications: Touring applications
- PoE: PoE ++ Optional
- RLinkX (Link redundancy): Yes
- Groups (VLAN segmentation): Yes
- MultiLinkX (Link aggregation): Yes (With future FW upgrade)
- Profile manager: Yes
- Memory: Flash 1Gb RAM – 8Mb NOR flash 4Gb EMMC storage
- MAC address table: 16384 entries
- Address learning / Aging: Self learning, Auto aging
- Switching throughput: 72Gbps
- Jumbo frames: MTU up to 12000
- IGMP support: Yes (V1/V2/V3)
- IGMP snooping: Yes, enabled by default
- Port sensing: Auto negotiation
- Auto crossover: MDI / MDIX
- Auto sensing: Full or Half Duplex (Gigabit is Full Duplex)
- Ethernet connectivity: 8 x EtherCon conectors ) (4x front, 4x rear) (1Gbps) 8 x RJ 45 connectors (rear) (1Gbps)
- Fiber connectivity: 2 x SFP+ cages (10Gbps/1Gbps) (independent from other ports) (rear)
- Ethernet port speed: 1Gbps
- Serial: No
- Power connectivity: 1 x PowerCON True 1 in/out
- Power input: 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz
- Power consumption: Maximum 50W - Maximum 1050W (Depending on PoE and PSU configuration)
- Fuse: NA
- Backup power input: Yes
- Backup PoE power input: Yes
- PoE: PoE ++ Optional
- Supported protocols: Dante©, RAVENNA/AES67©, Ethersound©, Q-SYS/Q-LAN, sACN, ArtNet, MANet2, HogNet, RTTrPL (BlackTraX), IEEE 802.1p CoS (Class of Service), DiffServ (DSCP), PoE (802.3af) (optional), PoE+ (optional), PoE++ (802.3bt) (optional), IEEE 1588 PTP V2, AVB/MILAN
- Sound protocol compliance: Yes (low jitter)
- Ethernet compliance: IEEE 802.2, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3x Flow Control, IEEE 802.3ab Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.3af PoE(optional), IEEE 802.3at PoE+(optional), IEEE 802.3bt PoE++ 90W(optional), IEEE 802.1p CoS, IEEE 802.1d Spanning Tree, IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree, EEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree, IEEE 802.1Q VLAN, IEEE 802.1ab LLDP, IEEE 1588-2008 PtPv2, IEEE 802.1 BA-2011 AVB
- Display and jog: No
- Configuration: Through the built-in web server, Network wide configuration through Araneo software
- Status LEDs:
- Global status LEDs: Device, power, PoE power and mode
- Port status LEDs: PoE, groups, link/activity and port speed
- Dark mode available
- Colored RGB LEDs: Yes
- Mounting: Rack
- Enclosure: Robust metal housing
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 482 x 216,95 x 44 mm (19" x 8.54" x 1,73")
- Weight: TBC
- Packaging: TBC
- Operating temperature: 0 to +50 °C
- Storage temperature: -10 to +70 °C
- Humidity (non condensing): 5 to 95% RH
- Noise level @1m: TBC
- Certificates/Approvals: Pending: cSGSus Mark (UL), CE Mark, UKCA Mark, CB certificate, RoHS
- Standards: Pending: IEC 62368-1, UL 62368-1, CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 62368-1, EN 62368-1, FCC Part 15 CFR 47, CAN/ICES-003, EN 55032, EN 55024
- Product codes:
- GigaCore 18t – 16x1G – 2x10G(SFP+) / LU 01 00095-10G
- GigaCore 18t - 16x1G - 2x10G(SFP+) - PoE++ / LU 01 00095-10G-P500
*Note: Luminex LCE operates a policy of continuous development. Luminex LCE reserves the right to make changes and improvements to any of the products described in this document above without prior notice. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Compare this product with other products from the GigaCore range
Found the product that is going to make your job a lot easier?
Discover our worldwide network of distributors and resellers or contact email@example.com!