R&D Support Engineer
@ Luminex Belgium (Genk)
We are looking for a support engineer with technical background in electronics or ICT to reinforce our fast growing team and assist our product & support experts.
- You create test set-ups for our high-end devices, intended for development and for mass production use.
- You plan, create, program, test and install platforms for different line of products.
- You work closely together with the development team to improve the manufacturing process and quality of our products.
- You have an understanding of test development and automation.
- You contribute to the fast growth of our company with a healthy dose of ambition and your quick learning skills.
- You are a professional bachelor in electronics or ICT (or equal in experience).
- You have basic programming knowledge in C and scripting languages like Python or Shell.
- You can design and lay-out basic electronic applications.
- You are capable of interpreting schematic drawings.
- You can execute soldering and testing on electronic circuit boards (PCB).
- Experience with network technologies and protocols is a plus.
- You are an accurate worker with a problem-solving attitude.
- You can work independently but are also a perfect team player.
- You are capable of working with a PC and the most common Office software.
- You have excellent spoken and written English communication skills (Dutch is a plus).
We offer you a challenging job in a fast growing Belgian company with a well-known reputation in the worldwide entertainment industry. You will become part of a small team of developers and testers, with room for initiative and focus on innovation. In our dynamic environment you have the opportunity to create and deploy cutting-edge technologies for famous international clients. With an intensive training program, we also encourage your opportunities to grow in your career and develop your talents. This job comes with a permanent contract, a competitive salary, a comprehensive extralegal package and a bunch of fun colleagues.
Sounds interesting, but Lumi-who?
Luminex Network Intelligence is a manufacturer of data distribution equipment for lighting, audio and video solutions in the professional entertainment industry. We develop multiple devices to set up a large AV network without any IT knowledge. As a pioneer in the relatively young application of show-control data networks, we managed to become a respected brand in the international AV industry over the past 15 years. Our devices are being used to build the backbone for a rock solid and fully redundant network on big shows such as the Eurovision Song Contest in Copenhagen, the opening ceremony of the Sotsji Winter Games, Glastonbury festival, multiple concerts at Madison Square Garden and world tours of multiple super stars like Robbie Williams, Muse, Coldplay, Adele and Beyoncé.