Support & application specialist
@ Luminex Belgium (Genk)
We are looking for a support and application specialist (preferably with technical background or affinity in the pro AV industry) to reinforce our fast growing team and assist our product & support experts.
- You will grow in the role of technical expert with a thorough knowledge of our Luminex devices.
- You will expand your knowledge in network technology related to the pro AV industry and build a vast application know-how.
- You will manage the support questions of our customers and handle basic first line support.
- You will manage support email, support phone request and other channels to make first level classification / separation.
- You will work closely together with the electronics repair department to analyze issues with devices, follow up repair statuses in a dedicated ticket system.
- You will report frequent problems to the development team to improve the quality of our products.
- You will contribute to the fast growth of our company with a healthy dose of ambition and your quick learning skills.
- You will work from the Luminex head quarters in Genk, Belgium and can be occasionally send out for on-site support.
- You are an accurate and safe worker with a problem-solving attitude.
- You can work independently but are also a perfect team player.
- You are capable of working with a PC and the most common Office software.
- You have experience at interpreting schematic drawings and customer requirements
- You have excellent communication skills and can easily adapt to the level of the customer and their culture.
- You have excellent spoken and written English communication skills (Dutch is a plus)
We offer you a challenging job in a fast growing Belgian company with a well-known reputation in the worldwide entertainment industry. You will become part of a small team of support and application experts world-wide, with room for initiative and focus on innovation. In our dynamic environment you have the opportunity to create and deploy cutting-edge technologies for famous international clients. With an intensive training program, we also encourage your opportunities to grow in your career and develop your talents. This job comes with a permanent contract, a competitive salary, a comprehensive extralegal package and a bunch of fun colleagues.
Sounds interesting, but Lumi-who?
Luminex Network Intelligence is a manufacturer of data distribution equipment for lighting, audio and video solutions in the professional entertainment industry. We develop multiple devices to set up a large AV network without any IT knowledge. As a pioneer in the relatively young application of show-control data networks, we managed to become a respected brand in the international AV industry over the past 16 years. Our devices are being used to build the backbone for a rock solid and fully redundant network on big shows such as the Eurovision Song Contest, the opening ceremony of the Sotsji Winter Games, Glastonbury festival, multiple concerts at Madison Square Garden and world tours of multiple super stars like Robbie Williams, Muse, Coldplay, Adele and Beyoncé.