@ Luminex Belgium (Genk)
To build up validation and acceptance testing as an independent service
- Ensure new products, firmware or software function properly according to product specifications and general quality standards.
- Provide operational validation and acceptance testing
- Analyze the functional and non-functional product requirements in cooperation with the product architects throughout the product development cycle.
- Perform validations and acceptance testing
- Execute formal product tests and report on the problems found
- Manage problem reports throughout the project execution
- Provide input and assure all technical documentation is made, enabling successful release of the product.
- Support field pilots for first-of-a-kind use of the product
- Standardize and automate the validation and acceptance procedures
- Seek for continuous improvement of the above processes and procedures
- Develop standardized validation plans and procedures for various levels of product requirements
- Develop scripts and programs to automate the execution of tests
- Build up testing as an independent service
- Communicate with stakeholders concerning test plans, test procedures and operational product issues.
- Advise management on how to set up the test department
- Provide leadership to future additional test engineers
- 5 to 10 years of successful work experience in testing comparable products, preferably with some first managerial experience
- MSc/BSc in Computer/Electrical/Industrial Engineering or equivalent by experience.
- Excellent knowledge of test methodologies and a thorough understanding of official network standards.
- Experience with programming languages as Python, C, YAML and JSON.
- Experience with Google Test is a plus.
- Fluent command of spoken and written English and Dutch.
Do we match?
We picture you as a quality and process driven engineer with good leadership potential. Ideally you had your first managerial experience, but are willing to step back in an operational role for a while with the perspective of building up the function as an independent service within the organization. You combine an analytical and critical mind with a hands-on attitude and a drive to get things done. Though a team player, you can be assertive as to (the quality of) the deliverables. You show initiative and are eager to keep on learning.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you a challenging role in a fast-growing Belgian company with a well-known reputation in the worldwide entertainment industry. You will become part of an agile team of developers and engineers, creating the most sophisticated technology for the AV industry. With an intensive training program, we also encourage you to continue to grow in your career and develop your talents. This role comes with a permanent employment contract, a competitive salary, a comprehensive extralegal package and a bunch of fun colleagues.
Sound interesting, but Lumi-who?
Luminex Network Intelligence is a manufacturer of data distribution equipment for lighting, audio and video solutions in the professional entertainment industry. We develop multiple devices to set up a large AV network without any IT knowledge. As a pioneer in the relatively young application of show-control data networks, we managed to become a respected brand in the international AV industry over the past 15 years. Our devices are being used to build the backbone for a rock solid and fully redundant network on big shows such as the Eurovision Song Contest in Copenhagen, the opening ceremony of the Sotsji Winter Games, Glastonbury festival, multiple concerts at Madison Square Garden and world tours of multiple super stars like Robbie Williams, Muse, Coldplay, Adele and Beyoncé.