@ Luminex Belgium (Genk)
Are you a Test Engineer? We want to avoid our applications from crashing.
Fly over & land a job at Luminex.
This is not a test and test engineering is not only about testing. Want to put this to the test?
You are the leading protagonist in a play’s final rehearsal, making sure that the technological backbone works as intended.
Join us in creating the most sophisticated technology for the pro AVL industry.
- You will be part of an agile team creating the most sophisticated technology for the AV industry.
- You will design, implement and maintain regression tests in the build pipe-line (Python framework).
- You will automate functional, performance and stability test cases based on product requirements and user stories.
- You will create, maintain and execute manual test cases where automation is not feasible.
- You will prepare test set-ups (e.g. test devices, test environments,…).
- You will run end-to-end functional and IOP testing in networks having AVB, Dante, Ravenna,… protocols.
- You will execute protocol conformance tests using 3rd party test tools.
- You will report and troubleshoot issues (taking traces, interacting with key SW developers, etc.) in a complex embedded system.
- You will provide regular updates on test progress and found issues, and create test reports.
- MSc/BSc degree in Computer Science/Telecommunications/Electronic or equivalent by experience.
- +2 years’ experience in structured software testing (manual and automated).
- Knowledge of test techniques, methodologies and tools, ISTQB certification is a plus.
- Experience creating test cases, test reports,..
- Experience in Python or other scripting languages is a must.
- Interested in (ProAV) networks and equipment, Wireshark and other network tools.
- Broad interest in switched and routed networks.
- Basic knowledge of IP technologies.
- While growing in the role, get an in-depth understanding of new networking protocols and/or Luminex hardware platforms, and the way our customers are deploying them.
- Eagerness and agility to learn fast and be challenged on a daily basis.
- Passionate in handling complex systems and projects.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch.
We offer you a challenging role in a fast-growing Belgian company with a well-known reputation in the worldwide entertainment industry. You will become part of an agile team of developers and engineers, creating the most sophisticated technology for the AV industry. With an intensive training program, we also encourage you to continue to grow in your career and develop your talents. This role comes with a permanent employment contract, a competitive salary, a comprehensive extralegal package and a bunch of fun colleagues.
Sound interesting, but Lumi-who?
Luminex Network Intelligence is a manufacturer of data distribution equipment for lighting, audio and video solutions in the professional entertainment industry. We develop multiple devices to set up a large AV network without any IT knowledge. As a pioneer in the relatively young application of show-control data networks, we managed to become a respected brand in the international AV industry over the past 15 years. Our devices are being used to build the backbone for a rock solid and fully redundant network on big shows such as the Eurovision Song Contest in Copenhagen, the opening ceremony of the Sotsji Winter Games, Glastonbury festival, multiple concerts at Madison Square Garden and world tours of multiple super stars like Robbie Williams, Muse, Coldplay, Adele and Beyoncé.