Test Engineer @ Luminex Belgium (Genk)
Are you a Test Engineer? We want to avoid our applications from crashing.
Fly over & land a job at Luminex.
Ed Sheeran | Powered by Luminex
This is not a test and test engineering is not only about testing. Want to put this to the test? You are the leading protagonist in a play’s final rehearsal, making sure that the technological backbone works as intended.
Join us in creating the most sophisticated technology for the pro AV industry.
- You will be part of an agile team creating the most sophisticated technology for the AV industry.
- You document test cases for firmware and applications and ensure there is traceability between user stories and test cases.
- You execute and maintain test cases in our tracking system.
- You prepare test set-ups (e.g. test devices, test environments,…).
- You run end-to-end functional and IOP testing in networks having AVB, Dante, Ravenna,… protocols.
- You report and troubleshoot issues (taking traces, interacting with firmware and application developers in a complex embedded system.
- You provide regular updates on test progress and found issues, and create test reports.
- BSc degree in Computer Science/Telecommunications/Electronics or equivalent by experience.
- +3 years’ experience in structured software testing.
- Knowledge of test techniques, methodologies and tools, ISTQB certification is a plus.
- Experience creating test cases, test reports,…
- You like analyzing problems and finding bugs.
- Interested in (ProAV) networks and equipment, Wireshark and other network tools.
- Broad interest in switched and routed networks.
- Basic knowledge of IP technologies.
- While growing in the role, get an in-depth understanding of new networking protocols and/or Luminex hardware platforms, and the way our customers are deploying them.
- Eagerness and agility to learn fast and be challenged on a daily basis.
- Passionate about making great products even greater.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills in English and Dutch.
We offer you a challenging role in a fast-growing Belgian company with a well-known reputation in the worldwide entertainment industry. You will become part of an agile team of developers and engineers, creating the most sophisticated technology for the AV industry. With an intensive training program, we also encourage you to continue to grow in your career and develop your talents. This role comes with a permanent employment contract, a competitive salary, a comprehensive extralegal package and a bunch of fun colleagues.
Sound interesting, but Lumi-who?
Luminex Network Intelligence is a manufacturer of data distribution equipment for lighting, audio and video solutions in the professional entertainment industry. We develop multiple devices to set up a large AV network without any IT knowledge. As a pioneer in the relatively young application of show-control data networks, we managed to become a respected brand in the international AV industry over the past 15 years. Our devices are being used to build the backbone for a rock solid and fully redundant network on big shows such as the Eurovision Song Contest in Copenhagen, the opening ceremony of the Sotsji Winter Games, Glastonbury festival, multiple concerts at Madison Square Garden and world tours of multiple super stars like Robbie Williams, Muse, Coldplay, Adele and Beyoncé.